Thursday, March 15, 2012

January Cottage


Well, now look what you've done.  It's a classic case of, everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't I?  I have broken down and ordered January and February Cottages from Country Cottage Needleworks, and have had a nice start these past few days on January.  Now, I'm not too sure about actually stitching the month names, I might figure out a way to omit the names on these charts.  I'd like to lower the top border a bit and perhaps add a couple extra motifs to each chart.  Who knows if I'll get done a whole year, but this is proving to be a fun and quick stitch.  Hope to have it finished for next post. I think I'll have to e-mail Vonna and get on the Cottages SAL blog as well,
Thanks for stopping by,
Hillery

9 comments:

Karyn said...

Yayyy Hillery ;) I'm glad that you are joining, and your "January Cottage" is looking gorgeous! I love the idea of leaving out the month and making it your own...brilliant!
I can't wait to see how it progresses and what you decide.
Hugs
Ma

Babs in Alabama said...

It will be fun to see what you do with them. This one is so cute. Hugs

Pumpkin said...

Looking good Hillery! It would be interesting to see them stitched without the names.

Patty C. said...

I wish i could join as well. The charts are beautiful ;)
Ill enjoy watching your progress ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello

Great start on January. These charts are lovely.

Ziggyeor said...

Oh pretty. I'm sure you'll figure out something splendid for where the months go.

Shirlee said...

Hi! I am a new follower (Patty C sent me) & I'm enjoying your site very much! Love the hat she won in your giveaway : )

CalamityJr said...

I like your cottage ideas - it will be fun to see what you do with them!

Anne said...

It's beautiful Hillery! I love the cottages! They are so happy and cheery!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...