Thursday, March 10, 2011

Houses and Flowers

My first stitches in Jenny Bean's Halloween Sampler. I love this so much. I used a nice piece of cream linen that I had in my stash. I kind of wish that I would have hand dyed it first. Has anyone ever dyed their pieces after they were stitched? I am going to love it anyway.

A new granny square that I tried, might just turn into a blanket. This design is called Little Dahlia, which I changed up a bit. I have already started a new afghan with Summer Garden Squares that I used on my cushion cover, so I am jumping ahead of myself with this new square, but I just had to try it out. I do love flower granny's, and this flower is huge. Decisions, decisions...

More posties later. Have a great day!!!

Hillery

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Great start to your new piece, I would be afraid of dying a stitched piece.

gracie said...

Nice starts...I know someone has posted dyeing after stitching...just can't remember....Vonna may know...

Vinniey said...

Glad to see you start stitching your favorite pattern, Hillery. Great progress and beautiful linen you've choose.

Tracey said...

I really like your new granny square and the changes you made to it from the original. Yours is a little more delicate looking. I have never had much luck making squares. Can you give any tips? What are the actual changes that you made?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...